Anyone play this at their camp? At our camp it’s the most popular activity! The kids always love playing it. For those who don’t know about ga ga, here’s a summary:
- Ga ga is played in a six-sided wooden-court with wooden walls.
- Everyone is inside the court, along with a ball.
- You can only hit the ball with your hand.
- You can’t stop the ball. If you do, you’re out.
- If the ball hits your legs you’re out.
- If you hit the ball twice without someone else hitting it (or without it hitting a wall) you’re out. This is called a double hit.
- Counselors have final say if a camper got out or not.
- Often, if more than one bunk is playing, the game will turn into a bunk vs. bunk game. In our camp there are also boys vs. girls games as well as kids vs. counselors games.
- You win by being the only person to not get out.